The Zottman Curl is an effective exercise to add strength and mass to your biceps and forearms. It allows you to isolate the forearms during the lowering phase.
- Stand with your feet hip width and knees slightly bent with dumbbells at your side. Option #2 is to stand with your feet slightly split.
- Lift by squeezing at the biceps only.
- Ensure your elbows don’t travel forward or back to assist the lift.
- Rotate your thumbs slightly out at top of movement while squeezing biceps.
- Rotate your hands with palms facing down as you lower the dumbbells with total control before repeating.
- Emphasize the specified tempo during the lowering phase as it will affect your gains.