The Split Squat is a warm-up exercise programmed to improve your hip mobility and warm-up your glutes, quads, and hamstrings. It’s an
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart.
- Reach backward with one foot at a distance that allows you to stabilize and lower with control just as you would during the split squat.
- Ascend with control as your knee lowers toward the floor while maintaining a belt line parallel to the floor.
- Mobility will determine your range of motion.
- Pull through the glute and hamstring of your lead foot side to ascend to starting point.