The Plank is an excellent exercise to warm-up and strengthen your abdominals. Technique is paramount as you align your body during the exercise. The intention is to prepare your abdominals to maintain excellent posture throughout the core workout.
- Lie down on the floor with your elbow underneath your shoulder with your top side foot just in front of your bottom side foot.
- Contract your obliques while keeping length in your spine as your hip ascends from the floor.
- Hold for 10-15 seconds before transitioning to a front plank.
- Maintain the same postural alignment during the front plank.
- Transition to a side plank on the opposite side.