The Goblet squat is a fundamental lower body exercise that targets your glutes and quads while indirectly strengthening your core. It’s an excellent exercise to reinforce optimal squat mechanics while exhausting the musculature of your lower body.
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Hold the dumbbell with a point of contact at the top of your sternum and point of contact along the base of your sternum.
- Initiate the squat by moving your hips before your knees.
- Lower to a depth that you’re able to control without rounding your back at the bottom of your squat.
- Drive your feet through the floor to ascend in the same pattern as you lowered.