Dumbbell Bench Press will strengthen and build muscle in your pecs, anterior deltoids, and triceps. The dumbbells affords you freedom of movement that a barbell doesn’t. You should perfect technique before aggressive weight selection. Begin selecting challenging weights once technique is satisfactory and repeatable.
- Sit up with Dumbbells in a tall and wide position on the end of a flat bench.
- Lay back using your lower abdominals and legs to assist the weight in optimal position. Practice this even with light weight so the habit is developed when it’s time to go heavy.
- Lower both dumbbells with total control in your optimal range of motion.
- Create great tension at the bottom to drive both dumbbells back to the apex.
- Be mindful the entire set of firing the muscle fibers in your chest as if you were pulling the dumbbells apart with a band as this will elicit greatest muscle activity.