Alternating Dumbbell Military Press will help you build muscle and strengthen your anterior and medial deltoids. Performing this in an alternating fashion will increase time under tension in an isometric position while the opposite arm executes the action.
- Raise dumbbells just above shoulder line from a standing position.
- Keep knees slightly flexed to prevent sway while keeping your torso in a tall and wide (shoulders) position.
- Press one dumbbell at a time with total control at an optimal range of motion while the other dumbbell remains in bottom position.
- Lower the dumbbell entirely before pressing the opposite side.
- Be mindful of firing the muscle fibers in your shoulders (deltoids) throughout the entire set.