The Alternating Dumbbell Bench Press will help you build muscle and strengthen your pecs, anterior deltoids, and triceps. Performing this in an alternating fashion will increase time under tension as one side is required to maintain an isometric hold while the opposite side executes the movement.
- Sit up tall at the end of a flat bench with dumbbells resting on your thighs just above your knees.
- Lay back using your lower abdominals and legs to assist the weight in optimal position. Practice this even with light weight to develop the right habit before it’s time to go heavy.
- Lower one dumbbell at a time with total control in an optimal range of motion while the other dumbbell remains at peak position.
- Lower the opposite dumbbell once the other has risen back to it’s peak.
- Be mindful the entire set of firing the muscle fibers in your chest as if you were pulling the dumbbells apart with a band.